Selection Camp Skills Challenge
- Dribble straight down the side of the obstacles with right hand only.
- After rounding the last obstacle, switch to left hand only dribble until rounding last obstacle and returning to the starting point.
- Without stopping, dribble the ball weaving in and out of the obstacles, to the end and back. Use of either hand or crossover is acceptable.
- Complete the course as quickly as possible while maintaining control of the ball and dribbling with the appropriate hand.
- Station will be completed twice, the fastest of the two attempts will be counted.
- Start in the triple threat position and explode as quickly as possible.
- Keep low and dribble hard fast.
- Keep your head up.
- Starting from the 15 foot spot, dribble to 10 foot spot and make 3 sets of 2 passes – 2 bounce, 2 right hand, 2 left hand – returning to 15 foot spot to retrieve a ball before each 10 foot pass.
- Make 2 chest passes from 15 foot spot for bonus points.
- 30 second time limit is applied to complete 8 passes.
- 1 point for each successful 10 foot pass, 2 points for each successful 15 foot pass – Total of 10 possible points.
- Square up your body to the target
- Pass the ball with speed and on target
- Begin at the left elbow of the foul line and run straight down the key.
- Defensive slides under the hoop across the key and back pedal up to the right elbow of the foul line.
- Defensive slides across the key to the starting point then retrace your steps all the way back, finishing at the starting point.
- Complete the course as quickly as possible.
- Station will be completed twice, the fastest of the two will be the final score.
- Stay low, move on the balls of your feet and take big steps.
- Point your lead foot in the direction of you are heading.
- Beginning at the right elbow, dribble to the basket and shoot a right handed layup.
- Rebound the ball and dribble around the obstacle at the left elbow and shoot left handed layup.
- Continue alternating between right and left hand layups as quickly as possible.
- Layups on right side MUST be shot with right hand in order to count. Layups on left side MUST be shot with left hand in order to count.
- 30 second time limit is applied.
- 1 point for each made layup.
- Maintain rhythm and routine with every layup taken.
- Dribble to the next spot and back to the basket quickly.
- Take 3 shots in a row from each of the five 15 foot spots, starting from the left corner and finishing in the right corner
- 50 second time limited is applied to complete 15 shots
- 1 point for each made shot – Total of 15 possible points
- Square up your feet to the target
- Follow through on your release and move to the next spot quickly.