The core values of Jr. NBA – life skills that impact both sport and everyday life.
- Encourage competition, but be a good sport.
- Fairness: Treat all players fairly but adapt your style to individual personalities.
- Stress the importance of working together.
- Be responsible. Be accountable and hold others accountable.
- Being part of a team means showing commitment.
- It is a game so keep it fun!
- The three E's - Encouragement, Energy and Enthusiasm - are essential
- Be patient! Learing the game takes time. Athletes may be at different skill levels.
- Respect the game. Respect the rules. Respect others.
- Be an ambassador of the game.
- Be considerate and demand the same from your peers.